Residential places of witnesses before Russian invasion

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Variani

Interview place, date:Aug 23, 2008 5:47 PM
Interviewer orgnization:vollunteer journalist
Respondent: woman
Story code:0041
A Resident of Variani Village
I saw houses were bombarded. There were standing about seventeen men not far from me when a bomb was dropped. All of them fell down. Two men died at that moment; others are wounded and they are in critical condition till now. We were constantly under fire, sleepless, scared to go out. At last, we left taking nothing with us, even a handbag or some clothes. I left my passport there as well. Now I am dependent on humanitarian aid.
My mother-in-law still remains there. Our house has been looted. My mother-in-law was at home but they didn't let her do anything and took our music center and TV. They were looking for money and gold but there were neither of them there. I don't know if anything has happened after that

No comments: